SUPPLEMENTS: Discontinue blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acids and least one week before your treatment. Please stop multivitamins one week before your procedure as well. It’s fine to continue iron and vitamin D.
ALCOHOL & SMOKING: Avoid alcohol for three days before your microneedling session If possible, stop smoking or limit smoking for three days prior to your procedure. The longer you refrain, the better as we find it really impacts on the healing process!
Please increase your intake of fluid the day before your procedure by simply drinking 2 glasses of water in the morning before your microneedling session, 2 glasses at lunch and 2 glasses at dinner. On the actual day of your procedure simply have a bottle of water (500 mL) before your session.
MEDICATIONS: Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Iburprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti inflammatory medications for 3 days before your procedure (if possible please avoid for 7 days). You may take Tylenol for any pains, discomforts or joint pains you may have.
Apply ice to treated area
Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
Focus on eating healthy foods like fresh fruits & vegetables. The vitamins and minerals will assist with the healing process
Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme hot temperatures for 24-48 hours post treatment
Things to Avoid
Heavy activity or exercise for the first two days after treatment
Excess salt – it makes you dehydrated!
Processed or fast foods
Blood-thinning medications, including aspirin and ibuprofen (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner then please continue with these)
Smoking and smoke exposure
Do NOT have a facial, nor rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours after your treatment
Do NOT lie down or do strenuous exercise for three hours after treatment.
Remember, every client is different, and results can vary between individuals.
Will I feel any pain?
There is little or no pain, in some cases a little sensation described as pins and needles, If any clients are concerned we can also offer a numbing cream prior to treatment.
How much will my treatment cost?
The cost will depend on areas to be treated, however our treatments are very affordable with discounted sessions. Some clients may need multiple visit to treat the area.
I have an event coming up. When should I do the procedure?
It’s always best to start a new treatment well before a big event. We recommend that you allow at least 2-3 days for your cosmetic microneedling treatment to settle.
What is the recovery time?
No recovery time is required, and clients can return to work, and carry out normal activities immediately. You are less likely to bruise but it can happen, there may be some slight swelling and soreness but only lasts for a few hours to 24-48 hours.
Who is not a candidate
The procedure can be performed on all skin types.
1. Do not wash your face for 4 hours after treatment.
2. Wash face with gentle face wash and water before bed. Apply serum to keep your skin moist. Make sure you have clean sheets before going to bed. Maintain clean skin surface practice.
3. If you can do not wear makeup for 72hrs, if you must put makeup on before 72hrs wait at least 48hrs and put as little as possible on since your you do not want to risk a reaction from the makeup.
4. Next Day: You can clean your face with a gentle cleanser or use a medical grade cosmetic line. Stay away from exfoliates or glycolic acids that are present in some cleansers as they can make your skin very dry after procedure. Throughout the day make sure treated areas do not get dry, apply moisturizer several times a day. Apply recommended Apple Stem Cell CBD Cream and EGF Serum in the morning and CBD Night Rejuvenator before bed. If you use any other product make sure it does not have any alcohol or retinol in the product . The goal is to keep your skin moisturized.
5. Days 2-7 – Within two (2) days following your microneedling procedure, you will notice skin dryness similar to sand paper which is the microneedle holes scabbing over or flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. During this period, you may apply your regular skin moisturizer or the recommended Apple Stem Cell CBD Cream. Days later your skin may start shedding. These are skin layers layers that would regularly shed a week later, but microneedling brings this skin to the surface sooner.
6. Keep out of the direct sun, you can use sun block after 72hrs. Be sure to use an approved SPF30 or greater sunscreen.
7. MEDICATIONS: Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti inflammatory medications for 3 days after your procedure (if possible please avoid for 7 days). You may take Tylenol for any pains, discomforts or joint pains you may have.